Adam is the Chief Executive of the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science, responsible for supporting sustainable economic growth through research and innovation, technology development, industry and business growth, manufacturing capability and skilled and business migration.
Adam brings over 20 years of experience in the South Australian public sector in industry, science and innovation policy and program delivery.
Prior to becoming the Chief Executive, Adam was the Executive Director of the Innovation and Science division within the Department for Innovation and Skills, responsible for developing and supporting the state’s innovation system to drive economic growth.
Previously Adam held executive positions within the Department of State Development and Department of Trade and Economic Development, where he led industry development policy and strategy implementation, small business and investment management. In his previous roles Adam led the development of the South Australia’s manufacturing strategy, the purchase and planning of the Tonsley Innovation District, investments in strategic research infrastructure and capabilities and the transition of the state’s automotive supply chain.
Adam holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Adelaide.
Innovation & Science
Andrew is the Executive Director, Innovation and Science, responsible for developing and supporting the state’s innovation system in partnership with other parts of government, research organisations, industry and business. This includes responsibility for the Office of the South Australian Chief Entrepreneur and the Office of the South Australian Chief Scientist. The Group is focused on supporting sustainable economic growth by:
- increasing South Australia’s global standing in science and research
- encouraging commercialisation of research through industry, research and government collaboration
- supporting entrepreneurs, start-ups and small business and attracting early stage and venture capital, and
- developing and supporting our creative industries.
Strategy, Policy & People
Nari is the Executive Director of the Strategy, Policy and People Group, playing a critical role in strengthening the South Australian economy by:
- coordinating, driving and delivering policy reforms that support economic growth and deliver a skilled workforce for the future
- leading state migration attraction in areas of industry need, to address skills gaps and encourage business investment
- ensuring the strategic communication of our agency’s services increase their uptake and inform people’s understanding of how these services will benefit them and the economy
- harnessing the power of economic data to provide insights that inform evidence-based policy development
- making connections between our agency’s services to improve outcomes for clients, and
- leading agency wide strategic planning and connecting this with our activities to drive targeted outcomes that achieve our objectives.
Performance & Business Operations
Phuong is the Executive Director, Performance and Business Operations and leads delivery of corporate services and solutions to position the Department to achieve its strategic objectives. The Group partners with clients and stakeholders to deliver on the following:
- People and Workplace: our People Plan recognises the best work is produced in an environment that welcomes new ideas and a diverse mix of people, investing in our people and providing opportunities, and creating a vibrant, connected one team culture
- Client Focus: designing and implementing client-centric solutions
- Business Systems: collaborating with other microeconomic agencies and driving business excellence in the frameworks, systems and policies that support efficient and effective operations
- Resource Management: leading an adaptive and sustainable approach to the management of our resources and assets including financial, physical and human resources.