Our purpose is to support sustainable economic growth by assisting South Australian industries and businesses to succeed in a local and global environment.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop a high performing research and innovation system
- Support the growth of innovative and competitive industries and businesses
- Improve the state’s manufacturing capability and capacity
- Help businesses get the skilled workforce they need.
When we achieve our objectives, we will see:
- Productivity growth
- More and higher skill level jobs in South Australia for all South Australians
- Increase in value adding activities undertaken here
- Globally competitive South Australian industries and businesses
- A more diverse and resilient South Australian economy.
Our portfolio responsibilities include:
- Industry development in creative industries; international education; health and life sciences; cyber security. Supporting other sectors such as minerals, food and beverage.
- Manufacturing – as a capability that underpins growth and productivity in all sectors of the economy
- Science, research and innovation, including early stage and scaling businesses
- Higher and international education
- Critical technologies – development and adoption
- Skilled and business migration
- Small and family business
- Industry and regional workforce development projects.